I’m in Nairobi these week meeting with the MYC4 team, our partners here and some potential new partners. Some of the things on my agenda:
- Plans for 2011. The main theme for 2011 is controlled growth of the portfolio with focus on quality, supply chain projects and few new partners in East Africa.
- Spot checks. Our Credit Operations Manager, Titus Kuria, is in the process of doing spot checks on all of our partners. This includes checking that the information on the MYC4 site is correct as well as advising the partners on how to improve their processes. I will be reviewing the results with him. You will see the partner risk scores get updated as the spot checks progress.
- Capacity Building. We have recently received a grant to support our partners with education and consulting. Some of the grant will be used for a partner conference which we are planning for early 2011.
- Meetings with our existing partners in Nairobi.
- Meeting with potential new partners here. These includes projects focused on: low-cost housing for slum dwellers, medicine for small clinics, establishing new outlets for a mobile payment company. You will here more on these projects once we are a bit further along.
- Testing a mobile solution that could allow us to transfer funds directly between MYC4 in Denmark and borrowers in Kenya.
I’ll keep you posted on how the meetings go.