Last week I had the great pleasure of delivering a talk at TEDx Copenhagen… it is no secret that I am extremely proud of being invited to deliver a talk here, since I personally have collected great inspiration from TED over several years! I think their tag line says it all: ‘Ideas worth spreading’.
You can watch the 18 minute talk here.
When I prepared my talk, I was certain that I would build it on the following components:
- My personal experience with Africa 6 years ago and how this changed drastically
- Give insights as to how Mads and I used existing building blocks as inspiration when building MYC4 – looking for radical change!
- Start moving in order not to become an academic project – knowing that we would not hit it right the first time
- Talk about the innovative Supply Chain project that we are realizing with FDB/Coop; where you are able to invest directly in the farmer of e.g. the mangoes that Thise Dairy puts in the yogurt you are buying in your local supermarket
- Put a perspective on what else could happen in the future
As a proof of the Supply Chain project not just being a dream we want to realize one day, I brought a cleansed yogurt container. After the speak several people came to me and said: Oh, I love that particular yogurt! Great, now I can tell the kids about the developing world at breakfast! It is easy to engage; now I invest simply by consuming!!
Thanks for all the great feedback I have received since the talk… APPRECIATED!!